Whether you're in College, Highschool, or Grad School we all have to face the stress of Midterms & Finals. To me, Midterms and Finals are both equally dreadful but to help make it easier I came up with a few of my tips and tricks on getting through this demanding time.
1. Set a schedule / game plan. It's common to be taking more than one class which usually means having to study for more than one midterm. Make a schedule of when each test is scheduled to determine the order of classes you should study for first. I like to study my classes in order so I am not overwhelmed by mixing and matching classes and information.
2. Organize. If you haven't done so already, make a folder of all the things you need to study for that specific class. I like to make sure I have at least two pockets; one for handouts, and the other for important notes.
3. Don't be afraid to snack. I'm not saying over indulge on candy and pizza but keeping a snack with a good source of whole grain carbohydrates and sugar can help stimulate the mind. (I learned this in my nutrition class and it has helped me ever since). In order for our brain to function we need a good sources of carbohydrates and whenever we start to lose focus a boost of it can really do the trick.
4. Take Timed Breaks. I'm not going to lie, the second I decide to take a break it usually lasts a couple of hours, sometimes the rest of the day! I learned the only way I wouldn't lose track of time was if I set an alarm. So start timing your breaks whether you feel you need 20 minutes or an hour, just plug it into your alarm clock so you'll know when your time is up.
5. Make an 'End of Midterms' Celebration. It's always good to have something to look forward too as a reward for all the hard work and hours you spent studying. So why not plan a celebration for the moment your midterms are over? Whether you plan a night out with your girls, a fun day at the beach, or a trip to your favorite ice cream spot, give yourself a treat! You'll definitely deserve it, plus you'll officially be on break! Yay!
What do you guys do to get through Midterm/ Finals? Feel free to leave a comment or share a tip / trick bellow :)